Parallel Church is committed to protecting your privacy. This Statement of Privacy applies to the Parallel Church Web site and governs data collection and usage at all Parallel Church sites and services; it does not apply to other online or offline sites, products or services. Please read the Parallel Church Statement of Privacy. Parallel Church is a general audience web site, intended for users of all ages. Personal information of all users is collected, used and disclosed as described in this Statement of Privacy.
Collection of your personal information
Parallel Church does not collect any information about your computer hardware and software. We are not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites outside of the Parallel Church Web site.As a faith community website with interactive forms, Parallel Church collects personal information, such as your email address, home or work address and telephone numbers.
Use of your personal information
Information is collected to facilitate inquiries, responses to inquiries and fulfillment of ministry services.
- Our online donations page collects personal information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. Information collected by Parallel Church is used solely for the purpose of your online donations.
- We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, such as handling the processing and delivery of mailings, providing customer support, processing transactions, or performing statistical analysis of our services. We will only provide those companies the personal information they need to deliver the service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information and are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
Parallel Church does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
Parallel Church may access and/or disclose your personal information ONLY if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Parallel Church or the site;
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Parallel Church, including its Web site; or
- Act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Parallel Church or the public.
Parallel Church does not sell, rent or lease its list or any information therein, to third parties.
Control your personal information
Suggested text: If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies
Parallel Church offers its members choices for the collection, use and sharing of personal information. In support of Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation, we do not send Commercial Electronic Messages without having received consent. Individuals may always freely opt out of our electronic communications (which are non-commercial in nature) by replying with “unsubscribe.” Please note, this will unsubscribe you from ALL communication from Parallel Church. To stop receiving specific communication or notify us of changes to your preferences, email us at [email protected]. Please be sure to provide complete account information so we can identify you in our records.
Security of your personal information
Parallel Church is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer systems with limited access that are located in controlled facilities. When we transmit highly confidential information (such as a credit card number) over the Internet, we use a secure payment gateway so your information is protected.
You can schedule new contributions at any time and can modify or cancel those contributions at any time prior to the date they are scheduled. Once the contribution has been processed, however, it cannot be cancelled.
Changes to this statement
Parallel Church may occasionally update this Statement of Privacy as necessary. If there are material changes to this Statement or in how Parallel Church will use your personal information, Parallel Church will prominently post such changes prior to implementing the change. Parallel Church encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how your information is protected.